white girls who want my culture’s bindis and saris and henna
take my skin colour too
and my dark brown lips
take my self-hatred because i don’t fit into the euro-centric ideals of beauty
take the oppression too
take the history of colonization that has devastated my country
and the drones that currently devastate my country
take all the bad stuff too
not just the pretty, shiny, sparky bits
take the ugly, dehumanizing and shitty parts too
the trans agenda is to diversify the meaning of “gender” while making “aesthetic” more specific, so that eventually one replaces the other
of course im pro-gay, i didnt practise this much to stay an amateur gay
- Other people’s cultures do not exist for white people to seek their spiritual enlightenment
- No one owes you an education, and initiation, or a history lesson simply because ‘you want’
- No one has to include you in things because ‘you want’
- No one has to hold their tongue, sweeten their words, or chop up sentences to make white people feel better about history- colonization, slavery, genocide, ect.
- No one should be ‘grateful’ to you for your interest in said culture
what i have the most difficulty with being mixed is the way that this relates to decolonization.
I have no homelands to return to. There is no region of the world that I could go back to, because my existence is the product of a long line of colonialism and white supremacy.
I’m not white but no matter where I go and what I do I will never have a place where I am not an intruder who was never supposed to exist in the first place.